• About Nahar Immigration & Education Services
  • 1. Who is Nahar Immigration & Education Services Education?

    Nahar Immigration & Education Services is a global leader in helping students to study overseas. Nahar Immigration & Education Services helps students gain entry into quality education institutions in the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Over the past 09 years. Our experienced education counselors are well-trained to support and provide professional guidance to international students.

  • 2. What are our services?

    We provide the following services to all of our students:

    • Assistance with university and/or college selection and application
    • Advice and follow up on accommodation and application
    • Advice on English Language preparation.
    • Advice and processing Visa application
    • Advice on finance and insurance for your travel and studies. (For example, living cost and travel insurance.)
    • Follow up after arrival (airport pick up, accommodation, enrollment )
    • Career counseling
    • Selection of Course, University & Country
    • Admission Formalities
    • IELTS Course
    • Visa Assistance
    • Bank Loans
    • Value-Add Service such as Insurance, Mobile connection, Foreign Exchange, Ticketing etc.
    • Pre-departure briefing &
    • Post departure Services

  • 3. Does it cost money to see an adviser at Nahar Immigration & Education Services?

    Nahar Immigration & Education Services are free for students. There is no cost to students to book an appointment with Nahar Immigration & Education Services. Students do not pay an agent fee to study overseas. There may be some small fees such as courier fees or document verification fees.

  • 4. How does Nahar Immigration & Education Services make my visa processing easy?

    Nahar Immigration & Education Services processes applications for many Universities and Colleges as a single window service that best suit to your profile. Besides it ensures that, the institutions you have applied for are accredited and reputed. Once students come to Impel, they need not worry about anything else and all their needs are looked after professionally.

  • 5. Do I have to make any deposit before visa?

    Most institutions require a partial deposit of tuition fee before issuing the final document based on which a student can apply for the visa. Deposit is only mandatory for institutions require it. If the institution does not require a deposit prior to issuing the final confirmation then no deposit is required before visa. It may be noted however, that payment of deposit beforehand is beneficial to the student since it shows genuine commitment of the student to study in the institution. All deposit payments made prior to visa are adjusted with tuition fees and so the student does not end up paying anything extra. It may also be mentioned that all institutions we work with provide a full refund in case the visa is refused. Some institutions do deduct a nominal administrative fee if a refund needs to be provided. Please speak with your Nahar Immigration & Education Services counsellor or interested universities to find out more.

  • 6. Is there any Visa Guarantee?

    No. Every application is carefully considered by the respective country’s counsellor section before entry clearance/visa is provided. No one can guarantee a visa, however it may be mentioned that Nahar Immigration & Education Services has an excellent success rate with student visas.

  • 7. Do you offer any scholarships or discounts?

    Some of our universities offer scholarships for their students. For more information please contact our counseling department.

  • 8. Where can I find information about scholarships?

    Contact one of our counselors who can give up-to-date information about available scholarships in our partner institutions.
    Alternatively, you can check available scholarships on the University/College website.

  • About Study in abroad
  • 1. When should I apply?

    If you are planning to study abroad you must apply at least 4 to 5 months before the course commences, as the admission procedure takes at least 4 to 5 weeks and visa procedure takes another 5 to 6 weeks. Besides you would also need some time for your own preparation such as shopping for personal belongings, meet your relatives before you depart to your new study destination.

  • 2. Where should I study?

    This question can only be answered by finding out what course one wants to do, are the courses offered by the universities in that country, what are the opportunities after finishing the course in that country.

  • 3. What care need to be taken while applying?

    Name must be given exactly as in the passport. The family name or last name must be definitely included in the applications and must be indicated within the Passport of applicants.

  • 4. Which is the “Best” University & which is the most popular?

    There is no such thing as the “best” university. Almost all Universities are excellent in different areas. Popularity of the university depends on the individual preferences and perception and also on the course one is selecting.

  • 5. Is there any ranking of the university & which university would you recommend?

    As such there are no rankings of the university we would recommend university depending on your qualifications, grades and the courses you wish to apply. Each institution has its own entry requirements.

  • 6. When does a course generally commence?

    Generally, in most universities and colleges in the UK, there are two intakes-September and Jan/Feb. However there are a few colleges that have intakes every three months.

  • 7. What does it cost to study abroad?

    This depends on the institution, course, study level (undergraduate or postgraduate) and the city you intend to stay. Course fees will be discussed when you get in touch with our counselor, when you come to apply. You can find up-to-date information on the institution’s website.

  • 8. How long does it take to get feedback from the university after the application has been submitted?

    It depends on the Institution. Normally it takes 1-3 weeks but sometimes it can take longer.

  • 9. What opportunities are there for working and studying at the same time?

    The opportunity for students to work part-time during their studies varies from country to country. Many universities have a dedicated job center on-campus for students that advertise job opportunities to help students develop skills. The university careers service is also a useful source of information. If you pursue a course at degree level or above you may be permitted to work while on an international student visa.

  • 10. What should I consider when choosing what and where to study?

    When considering what and where to study, and Nahar Immigration & Education Services will match your academic interests and your career goals with course information from hundred universities and institutions across the world. It is very important that you think about the convenience of the study location for you, the institution’s ranking, the amount of time you would like to spend away from home and the total cost of studying and living overseas.

  • 11. What should we do if we want to stay in a university accommodation?

    We will contact the university and will see that they arrange university accommodation for you.

  • 12. What is normally included in application documents?

    Application form (can be gotten from Nah@r’s)

    • Personal photograph
    • University Application Form
    • Personal photograph
    • Transcript of your grades (in English)
    • English Language Certification (IELTS/TOEFL)
    • Recommendation letters (2 or 3) from instructors or supervisor (if applicable)
    • Resume/CV
    • GMAT for MBA and business related applicants (if applicable)
    • Proof of ability to pay all costs for your study aboard
    • Certain Masters and MBA programs require 2-3 years of work experience. In case where work experience is required the student needs to show evidence of work experience.
    • Personal Statement or Statement of purpose stating why the student is interested to study the particular subject as well as the particular institution
    • Recommendation letter from Teacher or employer.

  • About IELTS
  • 1. What is IELTS? Do I need to write it?

    The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an entrance exam designed to assess the language ability of candidates who need to study or work in the UK. It is advised that every candidate take the IELTS exam to provide proof of his or her English proficiency.

  • 2. Who should take the IELTS test?

    Students applying to study in the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA. Medical professionals planning to work or follow further study in the UK, Australia or the US. People planning to emigrate to Canada, Australia or New Zealand.

  • 3. What is Academic Module?

    The Academic Reading and Writing Module assess whether a student is ready to study or train in the medium of English at an undergraduate or post graduate level.

  • 4. Why do I need to take the IELTS test?

    IELTS assesses your English language ability. A good score (usually 6.0 and above) is an entry requirement for many colleges and universities worldwide.

  • 5. How much does the IELTS test cost?

    The fee for IELTS test varies from time to time. Currently the fee is tk. 14000-15000.

  • 6. What do I need to bring with me to the test?

    You need to bring your passport, hall ticket and stationery for all the modules of the test. If, you have registered online then you also need to bring a colour passport-sized photograph on the day of the test.
    What is the format of the test?
    The test has four parts:
    Listening – 30 minutes
    Reading – 1 hour
    Writing – 1 hour
    Speaking – 13 – 15 minutes
    The Listening, Reading and Writing tests are all taken on the same day. The Speaking test can take place up to seven days before or after the other papers. It is usually within one day of the Listening, Reading and Writing tests at British Council Bangladesh.

  • 7. Why do I need to take IELTS or TOEFL? And what is the minimum requirement?

    Your IELTS/ TOEFL score will show the university your level of English language speaking and comprehension. The minimum requirements vary depending upon the institution and the course.

  • 8. Is there any entrance exam required?

    There are no entrance exam required but you will have to take English proficiency exam that is IELTS (International English Language Testing System) which is mandatory for Australia & New Zealand. One can also take TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language). We offer coaching for IELTS you can contact us for further details.

  • Malaysia
  • 1. What does variation mean in Malaysia?

    Variation Applications happen when students wish to change to another course or another institution and it is not a progression or further study –i.e. student does not complete the first c

  • 2. Who is EMGS?

    Education Malaysia Global Services (Company No: 986610-U) (“EMGS course.

  • 3. How can I add or drop classes or change the grading option for a course in Malaysia?

    Please refer to the institution for further information - adding or dropping classes does not always mean a change of course. If it does then the Institution will refer to EMGS on your behalf.

  • 4. How many times student can change institution or course in Malaysia?

    A student is allowed to change university or course twice - on the 3rd application student will be rejected.

  • 5. What is the procedure if a student with approved Visa Approval Letter (VAL) wants to change institution in Malaysia?

    The student needs a release letter from the previous institution as well as an offer letter from the new institution.

  • 6. What is medical screening?

    Medical screening is a health check that comprises of a general examination by the examining doctor, blood and urine tests and a chest x-ray examination. All international students who apply for a student pass MUST undergo a Malaysian medical screening procedure at a EMGS appointed panel clinic within seven (7) working days from the date of entry.

  • 7. Why do I have to undergo a Malaysian medical screening procedure?

    It is a mandatory requirement determined by the Government of Malaysia to protect the health of Malaysian residents and to reduce the potential burden on the public health service in Malaysia. The Ministry of Higher Education (“MOHE)

  • 8. What are the documents required to be sent after applying?

    Universities generally require transcripts up to the end of third year and even up to end of the 7th semester (Its half of 4th year). If a student has not sent his/her transcripts accordingly, these have to be sent after applying.

  • Australia
  • 1. What Is the Application Process for Australia?

    Australian education institutions are divided into TAFE, Private Providers & Universities. Australian institutions offer different levels of programs – Year 11 & 12, Certificate-IV, Diplomas, Bachelor degrees, Graduate & Postgraduate diplomas, Masters (By Coursework & Research) and PhD. Admissions are done on the basis of a student’s academic results & IELTS/TOEFL/OET score. The following documents are required for the admission procedure.
    • Mark sheets & certificate of Year 10 & Year 12 equivalent.
    • IELTS result copy (If not submitted- only a conditional offer letter will be issued).
    • Mark sheets of bachelor degree.
    • Degree certificate (Provisional degree certificate is acceptable, if original not received till date).
    • Mark sheets & degree certificate for PG/Master’s degree, if completed in Nepal/ India or abroad.
    • Work experience certificates (if applicable).
    • Statement of Purpose/ Recommendation letters (Depending upon course).
    • Income statement* deemed necessary as per various university policies.
    • Application fees draft (Depending on the university).

  • 2. My IELTS score is less than the university requirement. Can I still apply for the admission?

    Yes you can, with an option of pursuing ELICOS (English Language) course in Australia.

  • 3. Is IELTS mandatory for the visa?

    Yes, IELTS is mandatory for applying Australia visa and the test should be taken within 2 years from the date of application for admission.

  • 4. What is the minimum eligibility of IELTS for Australia Education?

    It varies by the university. But most universities prefer the score bands of 6.0 / 6.5 as the minimum eligibility and also 7.0 for some universities.

  • 5. What Are the Advantages of Studying in Australia?

    Students will have the following advantages:

    • The degrees obtained from Australia are globally recognized.
    • Many world top fifty ranked universities are in Australia (source: QS World TOP 500 Universities 2012 Rankings).
    • Costs incurred are lower in comparison to UK, USA.
    • Very friendly & co-operative people.
    • Weather is suitable to Nepali students.
    • Post Qualification work & settlement options are better than other countries.
    • Students are allowed to work while studying.
    • Universities are research focused & technology driven.

  • 6. How Do I Rate Australian Universities?

    All Australian Universities are government funded and are AVCC members. The ratings for all universities have been released by Department Government of Australia, you can check the most resent ranking of Australian Universities in this website:
    http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university rankings/2013#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=rmi

  • 7. I hold an Australian Student Visa, Can I Study outside Australia?

    Yes. Student visa holders can participate in an international exchange program if:
    • the study or training is an assessable part of the student's course in Australia and has been approved as part of the registration process for the course
    • the exchange lasts for less than 12 months
    • Dependents of the student who are in Australia go with the student if they spend more than six months outside Australia for the exchange.
    • During the exchange program providers are still required to report:
    • failure to meet attendance or to achieve satisfactory course progress
    • If the student stops, or has a break in their studies.

  • 8. Can One Work Part-time During the Course In Australia?

    Students are permitted to work only 40 hours fortnightly on part time basis during session/classes and full time in vacations.

  • 9. How Can I Prove I Have Competent English in Australia?

    To prove that you have competent English you must provide evidence of one of the following:
    You have achieved a score of at least 6 for each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application
    You have achieved a score of ‘B’ for each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET) that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application

  • 10. What is the weather like in AUS?

    The weather varies greatly from one part of each country to another. Your counselor can tell you about specific locations.

  • 11. When should I start my admission process for Australia?

    If you are planning for February intake, you have to start the admission process by September itself. And if you are planning for July intake, then you should to start the admission process by February and for November intake you have to start by June.

  • 12. What are the documents required to submit for Australian education?

    You have to submit your certificates of 10th, 12th, graduation (all years) and your IELTS score report. You should also submit your bio data, SOP and two recommendation letters.

  • UK
  • 1. Who Can Apply for the UK Student Visa?

    Citizens of all countries can apply for this visa.

  • 2. Do I Need an Education Offer/ Letter Or a Sponsor?

    Yes. All applicants under Tier 4 (General) Student and Tier 4 (Child) Student need a sponsor. The sponsor is an education provider offering the applicant a place on a course of study in the United Kingdom. An education provider will need to have registered with the UK Border Agency as a licensed sponsor. They will need to meet the requirements for the particular category within Tier 4 and accept certain responsibilities to help with immigration control. All sponsors are given an A rating or B rating when they join the register. A ‘B’ rating is a transitional rating and means that the sponsor is working with the UK Border Agency to improve their systems.

  • 3. Do I get to stay back in the UK after my studies?

    The new Post Study wok (Tier 1) allows students who have successfully completed their UK undergraduate or postgraduate degree, to apply to stay in the UK for up to two years to take employment without needing a work permit, or to be self-employed or set up in business.

  • 4. Can I Maintain My Fund Through Bank Loan Or Not If Yes What About Amount and About Loan Sanction Or Disbursement?

    To be able to apply for a Student visa you must provide a bank statement showing that you have the required funds in your account and that they have been there for at least 28 days before the time of your application. The required amount of sufficient funds is £600 / £800 per month for the first 9 months depending on the county you are staying. Apart of this you must have also either paid your tuition fee or you must have enough money to pay it on the top of the living expenses.

  • 5. Can I Work while studying?

    Yes, based on your institution you are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week during your term and full time during holidays. Once you have completed the course you are eligible to take up a full time job. It is very common for students to take up part time jobs. But your first priority should always be studies.

  • 6. Where will I be accommodated and how much would I have to pay?

    You can opt for ‘on campus’ accommodation which includes the Halls of Residence or University owned flat/houses. The other option available is the ‘off campus’ accommodation where you can share a flat/house with friends or rent a room in a family (paying guest). Depending on the type of accommodation you choose, you can be charged anything between £60-£150 a week.

  • 7. Does the University/College Arrange for Accommodation?

    Yes if you have shown evidence of sufficient funds available to you in accordance with your study in UK, the university/ college can arrange for your accommodation.

  • 8. How much money do I need to show in my account?

    You need to show liquid funds covering your course fees and living expenses. On a course of 9 months or less you need to show the evidence of the full tuition fees plus £1020 per month for study based in the Inner London Boroughs and £820 per month for study outside London. On a course of more than 9 months you need to show the first year of tuition fees plus 9 months of maintenance at the rate of £9180 for studying in the Inner London Boroughs and £7380 for outside London.

  • 9. How much time does the VISA processing take?

    Student visa applications take around 28 days to process.

  • 10. Would you do the filing of VISA on my behalf?

    As the biometric system has been introduced which requires the candidate to submit biometric data in support of the application, you will have to go and file it personally. Applicants will need to have a ten-finger digital scan, which will be taken with a photograph at collection points in all U.K. visa application center.

  • 11. Why UK and Its Advantages?

    • Requires only 15 years (10+2+3) of education for direct entry into postgraduate program;
    • International students studying at UK institutions are not required to obtain permission from the job Centre to take spare time and vacation work;
    • In UK, most undergraduate degrees take only 3 years while postgraduate degrees take one year; you spend less time away from home and less money on course fees;
    • Educational institutions are constantly monitored and reviewed to ensure that courses offered are of high quality;
    • Qualifications from the UK are globally recognized and respected worldwide;
    • There is a high success rate for international students in the UK education system;
    • Health insurance is free to students who are studying in UK for 6 months or more;
    • There are many routes into education in UK, so chances of accessing the British system are high;
    • UK is the gateway to Europe, rich in culture, diversity and history has always welcomed international students.

  • Canada
  • 1. Why Canada?

    Canada is considered as the best amongst all countries not only as a country to live but it is also considered to be a safe destination. It is not only because of the education standard, but also because of its diversity and multiculturalism. In other words, this country gives the opportunity of meeting people from diversified cultural, social and racial background. Canadian education is recognized worldwide, provides opportunity to international students to work and live there post study completion.
    Canada has one of the best portfolios of colleges and universities, amongst other educational institutions in the world. The “state of art

  • 2. What Is the Cost of Studying in Canada?

    This is one of the biggest factors while deciding on country options in terms of where will I live, how much will it cost

  • 3. What Types of Courses Are Open to Me?

    The institutions in Canada offer a wide variety of courses ranging from undergraduate programs to postgraduate degrees and diplomas. Students can choose from a variety of programs being offered in reputable institutions. International students can apply either for fall or winter semester depending upon the program one selects.

  • 4. Can I Work in Canada After Completing My Course?

    Applicants enrolled in full time program in University or Community College in Canada for a minimum of one year, are considered to be eligible for open work permit upon the completion of their program. Completion of one year full time program makes you eligible for one year open work permit and 2 or more years program will give you three years of work permit.

  • 5. What are My Chances of Being Admitted to an MBA Course as a Fresh Graduate?

    You have a very good chance getting admitted in to MBA program as long as you have good GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) Score and maintain requisite grade structure of B or B+ average during under graduation. Like any other graduate program, MBA is considered to be quite competitive and satisfying the minimum admission requirement doesn’t necessarily guarantee the admission into the program.

  • 6. What Are the General Entry Requirements?

    The general criterion for admissions for all the colleges & universities in Canada are not different to each other. Given below are the details of the academic requirement an applicant has to fulfill before they submit their application for admissions.

  • 7. University Undergraduate Application Requirement:

    • Minimum of 60% in their 10th and 12th standard.
    • Most degree programs require Math in Secondary and Senior Secondary academics (10 and 12).
    • Science programs require Physics, Chemistry or Biology depending upon on the program requirement.
    • English requirements as mentioned on the institution website should be complied.

    University Graduate Application:

    • Minimum of 70% in their last degree program.
    • Requires fulfilling specific requirement of the program to which the student wishes to apply.
    • Acceptance by department faculty member before the University sends the offer letter.
    • English language requirements as mentioned on the institution website should be complied.
    Community College Post-Secondary Application:

    • Minimum of 70% in their last degree program.
    • Requires fulfilling specific requirement of the program to which the student wishes to apply.
    • Acceptance by department faculty member before the University sends the offer letter.
    • Would need to meet the English language requirement.

  • 8. When Should I Apply?

    • Fall – September
    • Winter – January
    • Summer– May
    Fall and winter sessions offer majority of the programs whereas only few programs are offered during summer sessions. Students must carefully consider the graduate & undergraduate programs availability before applying for studying in Canada. Also not all the institutions offer admissions during summer intake.
    Dates & Deadlines
    Fall – University deadline for fall session is April 1st week but again it can vary depending upon the university the student is applying for. On the other hand Community college takes application until 1st week of July. But again it varies depending upon the community college the student is applying for!
    Winter – University deadline for Winter Session is October 1st week but again it can vary depending upon the University the student is applying for. On the other hand Community college takes application until 1st week of November. But again it varies depending upon the community college the student is applying for!
    Summer – University deadline for summer session is February 1st week but again it can vary depending upon the University the student is applying for. On the other hand Community college takes application until 1st week of March. But again it varies depending upon the community college the student is applying for!

    Processing Time
    Normal processing time for Undergraduate application is 4-6 weeks. Graduate application can take anywhere from 6-10 weeks. On the other hand Community college takes anywhere between 2-4 weeks regardless of the fact whether it’s a graduate or an undergraduate application.

  • New Zealand
  • 1. Why Should I Study in New Zealand?

    New Zealand is an upcoming destination for international students with high quality education standards. The institutions in New Zealand are a blend of universities, polytechnic institutions and private colleges. All the renowned education providers must be recognized by the New Zealand Qualifications Assessment (NZQA) but others may also show recognition from the NZMOE New Zealand Ministry of Education) which is also fine. Any institution that has been included in the Category-1 status is considered as a provider of international repute. The Education Fees in New Zealand is 10% less than Australia. You also earn Permanent Residency after completion of the course; we have a higher Visa Success Rate and there are more than 400 Institutions offering undergraduate, Post Graduate, Masters & Doctorate Course. One can also avail paid Internships and the work Permits ranges from 4 Weeks to 1 Year.

  • 2. Are There Any Scholarships Available in New Zealand?

    The New Zealand Government offers the following scholarships to candidates of selected developing countries:

    • New Zealand Development Scholarships
    • Short Term Training Awards
    • Commonwealth Scholarships
    • New Zealand Regional Development Scholarships
    New Zealand International scholarships are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.

  • 3. Which Documents Are Usually Required for Admission in Postgraduate Degrees in New Zealand?

    Most New Zealand universities accept the Indian graduation system of three years for entry into postgraduate courses. An Indian bachelor’s degree like B.A. B.Com. Or B.Sc. is equivalent to a New Zealand Bachelor (Ordinary) Degree. However, some courses and universities may require a qualification equivalent to New Zealand Bachelor (Honors) Degree, which requires 16 years of formal education, which would mean another year after graduation or a four year degree course like B.E., Bachelor in Technology or other such courses. For most Universities, a good first degree from a leading university in India or its equivalent is essential.

    If the student is not proficient in English, he may be required to take the IELTS (International English Testing System). Every institute has its own minimum scores with respect to this test.

    International students are required to take IELTS (International English Language Test), which is regularly administered by the British Council and IDP Education Australia. A minimum score of 6.5 is usually required by most institutes.

    If the student does not obtain the minimum score required by the institute, he/she will have to go in for a 3 to 9 month bridging course in English at the institute before the start of the chosen program of study. Some universities may accept TOEFL scores instead of IELTS score.

  • 4. What Kinds of Accommodations Are Available in New Zealand for Students?

    In many cases, your accommodation will be only minutes from your place of study. Your institution can help you find accommodation before you begin studying. Halls of residence like dormitories or student hostels are available to international students at affordable prices. These are usually located on campus or nearby, with single or twin rooms. Bed linen and cleaning facilities are provided. Meals are eaten in a communal dining hall, with special dietary needs catered for; Home stay or private board gets you a room in a suburban house, usually with a garden and lawns.

    Your host family provides meals. Interacting with your host family and meeting their neighbors and friends is an excellent way to improve your English. Your host family will help you adjust to life in New Zealand or Renting a house or apartment on your own or with other people where you choose your own flat mates in a single-sex or mixed accommodation, ranging from a two-bedroom apartment to a large house on its own land. Most rental properties are unfurnished, apart from an oven, laundry, curtains and carpet.

  • 5. Can I Get Admission for MBA in New Zealand Without Work Experience and With 82% in Undergraduate? What Is the IELTS Requirement?

    Most of the New Zealand Colleges and Universities require at least 2 years of work experience after Bachelor degree for MBA admission. In case a student does not have work experience then you can plan to study Graduate Diploma in Business or International Business course. For more guidance, your experienced counselors can guide you further.

  • 6. How the NZ Education System Is Structured?

    Education in New Zealand can be divided into below four areas:

    • Early childhood education (from birth to five years)
    • Years 0/1-8 or primary/intermediate school (ages 5-13 years)
    • Years 9-13 or secondary school (ages 13+)
    • Tertiary education (not compulsory - ages 16+)

  • 7. Are International Students Eligible to Receive Free Health/Medical Care While Studying in New Zealand?

    International students are not entitled to publicly funded health/medical care services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. It has now become compulsory under New Zealand law for international students to have travel / health insurance before coming here to study.

  • USA
  • 1. When should I apply?

    If you are a student completing the first academic year of study (or are in a one year program), the earliest you can submit the application is 90 days prior to the date you complete your first academic year.
    If you are beyond the first year of study, you may submit your application no earlier than 120 days prior to the start date you request for your OPT.
    If you are applying for OPT based on completion of all coursework and/or completion of your academic program, you must submit an application for optional practical training prior to your completion date. Applications received at USCIS after the completion date will be denied.
    Applications will be accepted by OISS at your pre scheduled OPT appointment
    Dates of OPT Authorization

    The OPT card is approved for a specific beginning and end date. You must identify those dates on the OPT Request Form. For OPT after completion of studies or graduation, the beginning date can be no later than 60 days after the date you complete your studies. If you have questions about your OPT dates, please discuss this with an OISS adviser.

  • 2. When is the right time to apply for the student visa?

    One can apply 120 days before the date of enrollment mentioned in the I-20 form.

  • 3. Can I change my university/school once I reach USA?

    Once you are in the US, you are governed by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services rules. Accordingly, you cannot change your school before completing a year there. It is advisable you make your choice carefully, and avoid problems later.

  • 4. Do I have to take the TOFEL or GRE exams to qualify for a student visa? What if some schools do not require that I take the TOEFL or GRE exams?

    You must have a letter in writing from the school stating that they do not require TOEFL or GRE exams for attendance.
    However, the embassy strongly recommends that all student visa applicants provide standardized test scores.

  • 5. Do visas for students get rejected if the applicants have brothers and sisters in America?

    Depending on individual case, it is not the only reason for the rejection.

  • 6. How do I convert my F1 visa to a H1-B visa?

    Once you find a suitable job and employer who can sponsor your H1B visa, you can convert F1 to H1 status can start working based on that H1B visa for the employer.

  • 7. How do I prove I can afford to attend school in the US?

    Part 7 on the I-20 shows the amount of funding you must have available to cover the first year's expenses. The total amount includes tuition and fees, living expenses, expenses of dependents (if applicable) and other expenses (as applicable). You must prove you have immediate funds available to cover this amount.

    If your parents are sponsoring your study, an affidavit of their support with proof of funds will help.

  • 8. If I don’t have sufficient funds, can a bank loan help?

    The US consular will have to be convinced about how you will repay the loan.

    If huge loans are shown, getting a visa can become difficult. It is preferable to have a smaller loan.

  • 9. Can I get the H1B stamp in USA itself?

    No, first time H1B stamp can only be done in your home country.

  • 10. How do I prove I can afford to attend school in the US?

    Part 7 on the I-20 shows the amount of funding you must have available to cover the first year's expenses. The total amount includes tuition and fees, living expenses, expenses of dependents (if applicable) and other expenses (as applicable). You must prove you have immediate funds available to cover this amount.

    If your parents are sponsoring your study, an affidavit of their support with proof of funds will help.

  • 11. If I don’t have sufficient funds, can a bank loan help?

    The US consular will have to be convinced about how you will repay the loan.
    If huge loans are shown, getting a visa can become difficult. It is preferable to have a smaller loan.

  • 12. Why do I need to take IELTS or TOEFL? And what is the minimum requirement?

    Your IELTS/ TOEFL score will show the university your level of English language speaking and comprehension. The minimum requirements vary depending upon the institution and the course.

  • 13. Will students have Internet access at the university?

    Most of the institutions have Internet access for their students.

  • 15. What is an I-20 and how do I get one?

    A Form I-20 is a government form that tells the U.S. government that you are eligible for F-1 Student Status. It certifies that

    • you are or expect to be a "bona fide" student
    • you meet the American Educational Institute's admissions requirements
    • you will pursue a full course of study
    • You proved to the college/university that you have enough money to study and live in the U.S. without working illegally or suffering from poverty.
    • The i-20 is sent to you by the university/college you have been accepted at. You need this form to apply for the student visa.

  • 15. What is SEVIS?

    US implemented the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, known as the SEVIS. Universities issuing I-20s have to enter international student information in the SEVIS database and this information is then accessed by US consulates worldwide. So If your university does not enter your information in the database, your visa may not be issued. In this case, inform the university and request them to enter your information in the SEVIS database.

  • 16. What is OPT?

    Optional Practical Training or OPT is temporary employment authorization that gives F-1 students an opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a practical work experience off campus. You may use some or all of the available 12 months of practical training during your course of study or save the full twelve months to use after you complete your studies. Authorization for optional practical training is granted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) formerly known as the Immigration and Naturalization Service or INS - and can take at least 90 days and frequently up to 120 days to obtain. It is important that you apply for the authorization at the earliest possible date.

  • 17. What is CPT?

    Curricular Practical Training or CPT is an optional employment opportunity available to F-1 students where the training is considered to be an integral part of the curriculum or academic program. According to the immigration regulations, this employment may be an internship, cooperative education job, a practicum, or any other work experience that is either required for your degree which defined in the course catalog or for which academic credit is awarded.

  • 18. Will they offer airport pick-up?

    Some universities offer airport pick-up service while some suggest ways to find means of transportation from the point of entry. Your counselor will help arrange this for you.

  • 19. What documents do we need for visa application?

    Generally you will need:

    1. Passport
    2. Acceptance from the university
    3. Financial Statement
    4. Two photographs
    5. All certificates and mark sheets
    6. IELTS/TOFEL score

  • FAQ about Migration
  • 1. About Nahar Education

    Nahar Immigration & Education Services is the leading immigration consulting firm of Bangladesh serving the nation since 2007 with optimum success and reputation. Nahar immigration & Education Services is recognized by Migration Agent of Canada, Denmark and also works for Australia Immigration.
    Including the immigration services, Nahar Immigration & Education services is also serving students to enroll on world leading institutes in most developed countries and forwarded visa assistance.

  • 2. What is Immigration?

    Immigration means relocation from one place to another. In current situation professionals are relocating themselves to a developed country where they can redecorate their lives where opportunities are existed. Immigration is a life changing decision in one's life. It would give a professional life security as well as opportunity to live permanently on a developed country with a potential opportunity of getting citizenship with all citizenship benefits of those countries.

  • 3. What is necessary to get immigration status?

    For immigration the skilled migration is the most popular in the world. For skilled migration professionals should have a required education and multiple years of successful professional experience. The current skilled immigration requirement for Australia is:

    • Age should be below 50 years
    • Have at least a Bachelor/Master’s degree
    • Have at least one year of experience on a demand listed occupation
    • Have a good proficiency in English Language

  • 4. Why I should consider Australia for Immigration?

    Australia is considered as most migrant friendly country in the world, with pure combination of cultures and heritages from all around the world. According to a survey by 'The Economists', Melbourne, Australia is placed as the most livable city in the world. Three other Australian cities (Sydney, Perth and Adelaide) claimed positions in the top ten as well.

    Things to ponder:
    • The medical is usually free of cost for the permanent residents of Australia and has one of the best Health Care systems in the world
    • State education in Australia is free of charge
    • Australia has attracted more than 7 million people who have successfully migrated to Australia and has the fastest application processing time than any country
    • A highly developed country, Australia is the world's thirteenth largest economy and has the world's sixth-highest per capita income

  • 5. Can I migrate with my family?

    Australian migration is open for the family. If one member of a family confirms the eligibility for skilled migration then the subordinate family members including spouse and children of under 16 years are eligible to get the migration visa with the principal.

  • 6. I am fulfilling the basic eligibility requirements but my spouse is not, if we can still migrate together?

    Yes, you can migrate together where your spouse having less education and/or not having required level of professional experience. One thing is to prove that your spouse having a basic understanding in English Language, if s/he can't there is an option of providing additional tuition fee for a language program that would provide her opportunity to migration together, but there is no education and/or working experience required for your spouse.

  • 7. How the English Language proficiency judged for migration purpose?

    For migration purpose English Language proficiency is judged through IELTS score (more language proficiency test will be accepted by DIBP soon)

  • 8. What is the minimum IELTS requirement?

    IELTS score 6.0 on each of the four component is required for principal applicant. For spouse an IELTS score of 5.5 on average is required.

  • 9. I heard that the current IELTS requirement is 7.0 is that true?

    No, the information is not fully true. IELTS 6.0 on each of the four components is required for immigration visa application. According to current point allocation system there is no point allocated for 6.0 but point allocated for IELTS score 7.0. If any applicant lacks point on pass mark then s/he should have IELTS score 7.0 or higher. For some professional groups (Accountant, General or Specialized Physician etc.) is required of having an IELTS score 7.0. Some state governments may have their own requirement for higher IELTS score.

  • 10. Is there any special requirement for a university from where I have graduated?

    Yes, your university should be recognized and should be categorized on higher level on the country education profile prepared by an Australian government entity who categorized international qualifications.

  • 11. I am working for a local private organization, should my experience counted?

    There is no necessary that you should work for a large multinational or group of companies. You can provide your experience from a private organization also, who do at least maintain local business etiquettes.

  • 12. My salary range is not up to mark, can I still apply for immigration?

    Salary range is not a considerable for immigration application purpose; you just need to show that you are in a paid job